• Azadi Tower
  • GSI-FAIR

 


FAIR is a new international facility situated in Darmstadt, Germany. It will continue the long-time tradition of research with radioactive heavy ions done at GSI. It will provide various beams of (radioactive) ions and antiprotons for research which is based on four pillars. These pillars are NUSTAR, CBM, APPA and PANDA and are set up by collaborations of about 3000 scientists from about 50 countries around the world. The most exotic forms of matter will be studied in various fields covering a wide spectrum of fundamental sciences to scientific applications.
On October 4, 2010, FAIR GmbH was officially formed by a consortium which now spans ten countries. About 70% of the funding of this mega project (with a total investment of more than 1.7 billion Euros) comes from Germany and the other 30% is covered by other member countries. In 2016, the financing of the whole project was secured by member countries after which the search for contracting companies dealing with civil construction was started through the European tender procedure. The actual construction will start in 2017.
The whole project should be completely finished and ready for full operation by the year 2025. On the way to this date, many experimental programs start their work with albeit a fraction of their detection systems and with beams which are not yet optimal. 
This workshop will give an overview of this project and what can be done within it by scientists from around the world. Experts from all the four pillars will be present for discussions on scientific aspects of the project. Scientific matches will be sought for between Iranian scientists and those from FAIR. Upon a successful match, further cooperation could be expected to be pursued between the parties. 
 

Topics:

NUSTAR (Nuclear Structure, Astrophysics and Reactions)

CBM (Compressed Baryonic Matter)

APPA (Atomic Physics, Plasma and Applied sciences)

PANDA (Anti-Proton Annihilation at Darmstadt)

 

Venue: Department of Physics, University of Tehran, North Kargar Ave, Tehran, Iran

Downlaod workshop's program as pdf

 

Download Abstracts book

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Image Gallery